1. Train Party Printable Paper Goods - greenapplepaperie at etsy.com ($17.00- looks like a great deal to me!)
2. Train Cake - familyfun.go.com
3. Train Engineer Costume - amazon.com ($22.95)
4. Rosette Banner Instructions - countryliving.com
5. Train Sign - amazon.com ($8.65)
6. Train Party Inspiration - projectnursery.com
7. Train Whistle (these things are lots of fun!) - amazon.com ($1.34)
8. Train Wall Sticker Set (lots of colors to choose from!) - amazon.com ($12.99)
- Before the party, paint and decorate some cardboard boxes as a train for the guests to play in.
- Set out wooden train sets to play with.
- Include a train ticket in the invitation and punch the ticket when they arrive. Create tracks on the floor with tape that lead to different rooms in the house. (Idea from littleduckduck.com)
- All Aboard
Set some chairs out in a line. Have one person as the train guard and give them a special hat to wear. Have the kids run around the garden or party room and when you blow the whistle they must all rush and sit on a carriage chair without being caught by the train guard. If they are caught they also become a train guard and thus on the next round there will be two guards truing to catch the passengers. (Idea from kids-partycabin.com)
- Read The Little Engine That Could.
- Play "follow the leader" with the children touching each other's backs as if they are train cars.
- Pin the caboose on the train engine.