Recently, I ran into someone online who was looking for ideas for a pink and turquoise flamingo 1st birthday party inspired by this flamingo clothing line at Janie and Jack. It got me curious to see how much pink and turquoise flamingo stuff they have out there...and I was surprised by the amount! Some really adorable stuff, I tell ya! (OK, so I must admit, this is not exactly a budget party...it is a splurge party...but a first birthday party should be extra special, shouldn't it?)
Aren't these fabulous? And you know what the super-duper fabulous thing about them is? You get to pick your colors and font, so if pink and turquoise isn't your thing, you can pick your very favorite colors! Dots and Dahlias on Etsy ($10.00/8)
- You know those annoying little flamingo lawn ornaments? Well, they'd be perfect for this party! (Available at Home Depot- $7.49 for 2)
- Flamingo string lights- Target $9.99
- Decorate with aqua and pink balloons, streamers, and tableware.
- Love this! A flamingo cookie cutter! (Layer Cake Shop- $2.50)
- I love these vintage flamingo cupcake picks...(Layer Cake Shop- $2.50 for 12)
- Some flamingo cupcake inspiration:
- If any other food will be served, make it tropcial: goldfish crackers, fruit kabobs, and drinks served in pineapple or coconut halves!
To keep things simple, just decorate flamingo cookies, slip one into a cellophane bag, and tie with decorative ribbon.