Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Birthday Gift Ideas ($25 and under!)

Finding good toys for children (either your own or their friends) can be tough- especially if you are on a budget. I challenged myself to find cool toys $25 and under and was suprised by the amount I found. I had to stop myself from adding more because these toys are just too cute. My favorite companies are Melissa and Doug, Hearth Song and IKEA, as well as Amazon for a variety of fun toys (and sometimes free shipping too!) I love these stores because they provide high quality, creativity-enriching toys at really great prices. If you can't find what your'e looking for here, I really encourage you to check out their websites. I just can't get enough!
 Pretend Play Toys
 Melissa & Doug Stamp and Sort Mailbox (New)

Melissa and Doug Stamp and Sort Mailbox - $23.46

I remember playing post office when I was little. It was always so fun and made me feel so big! Another way to use this box- put special letters from you to your child in the box for them to discover!


IKEA Duktig Tea/Coffee Set- $9.99

IKEA Bygga Tool Set- $9.99




Tinkertoy Classic Mini Set- $14.81



Playmobil Fireman Carrying Case- $8.04
(Also comes in Police, Pirate, Knight, Farm)

Playmobil toys have been some of our favorites. We own a castle, palace, pirate kit, school set, hospital, cafe, and camper! My brother also has a few of these carrying cases and they have some really neat stuff inside- a good deal for the contents.

Outdoor Toys


Hearthsong Pocket Kite- $8.98




Hearthsong Lightning Bug Lantern- $12.98

Chasing lightning bugs on summer nights is magical. What a perfect place to put them! This lantern would be cute along with Eric Carle's The Very Lonely Firefly.



See-Me Tent- $19.99

For just twenty dollars, give a gift that will provide lots of entertainment!



Stomp Rocket- $13.95

Obviously a cool toy for boys. Ours lasted several years- a bit hard to figure out, but once the "techinque" is mastered, the rockets can shoot pretty high!

Books


Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day- $5.97

Oh, my! This was one of my favorite books for my mom to read aloud to me when I was little. This would make a great gift along with some other paperbacks.


The Very Hungry Caterpillar Pop-up Book- $19.79

One of the best illustrated children's books of all times now comes in pop-up version- this would make a beautiful gift.


All About Me- A Keepsake Journal for Kids- $9.32

For a child who loves to write, this is the perfect gift to inspire creativity.

 DK Play Shop- An Interactive Book- $13.57

This book has always been a favorite of mine. It unfolds to reveal a toy store, market stand, bakery, grocery store, and hardware store. Paper cutouts can be inserted into small spaces in the stores. Very fun!


Arts and Crafts



Hearthsong Fashion Design Kit- $24.98
(Also comes in car design, interior design, equestrian design, and more)

I received this kit for a birthday and it is so much fun! It is definitely a great toy to inspire creative minds. This is something that is also fun for moms to do with their little girls.


Meliss and Doug Mighty Builders Race Car- $24.99
(Also comes in firetruck, towtruck, garbage truck, and airplane)


Melissa and Doug Girls Sticker Pad/Coloring Books Bundle- $14.88
(Also comes in boy version)

I recently purchased one of these sticker kits for my cousin who loves stickers and was so surprised by the great price! There are tons of stickers that she can create scenes with- her favorites were the tea party stickers and the dressup stickers.

No comments: